Housing Advice is available from your own local council wherever you currently live.
Residents of Blaby District are invited to contact the Housing Options Team if you are
• A tenant and have been given notice to leave by your landlord (private, council or housing association)
• Living with friends or relatives and are being asked to leave
• Living in accommodation which you now find unsuitable (for example as a result of a disability)
• A homeowner being threatened with repossession
• Someone living in fear of violence from a partner or other household member
• Or have any other housing advice query
The Housing Options Team will then be able to offer you advice and assistance. We aim to give comprehensive housing advice to enable residents to make informed decisions about their housing options and to prevent homelessness where possible. The Housing Options team also manages the Choice Based Lettings scheme and deal with incidents of homelessness.
To access the service
• Call our Housing Options Team on 0116 272 7770 as many enquiries can be resolved by telephone.
• We also offer a drop in service staffed by Housing Options Officers. You don't need to make an appointment however you may have to wait during busy periods so please allow for this. To see us please visit the council's main offices at Council Offices, Desford Road, Narborough, Leicestershire, LE19 2EP and ask for Housing Options at the main reception.
In an emergency:
•Please call and discuss your situation with a member of the Housing Options team on any of the numbers above. Outside normal office opening times please call our out of hours number 0870 238 5057